More than 100 professionals contribute their talents as IEc employees.To satisfy the multidisciplinary demands of our work, we employ individuals expert in a range of fields, including policy, economics, finance, and science. Most of our consultants hold one of the following positions:
- Principals are the owners and managers of IEc. They direct projects and staffing, review outgoing work products, market new work to clients, and oversee IEc’s internal decision-making and administrative staff.
- Senior Associates typically are responsible for day-to-day management of projects, including methods development, task assignment, budgeting, and client communications. As senior staff members, they assist Principals with marketing and firm management.
- Senior Technical Consultants are a diverse group of senior experts. Through extensive IEc project work they have developed specialized skills in areas such as data analytics, finance, sustainability, and resource economics, among others.
- Senior Consultants typically have decades of experience both at IEc and in other contexts. They complement their analytic skills with project management capabilities, providing IEc with added flexibility for responding to client needs.
- Associates handle an array of tasks, depending on their tenure and technical expertise. Associates are the primary analysts on most projects, executing methods that they and other project team members develop. They frequently are responsible for structuring and writing reports, presentations, and other communications.
- Research Analysts (RAs) at IEc work with supervisors to gather, manage, analyze, and present data central to project objectives. Depending on their level of experience, RAs also interpret findings, refine analytic methods, and contribute to written products. While all other IEc consultants hold graduate degrees, RAs generally have undergraduate degrees in disciplines such as economics, mathematics, and environmental science.
IEc also relies on excellent professional administrative staff to carry out the business functions of the firm. The administrative staff support the efforts of the consulting teams in such areas as Contracts Administration, Computer Resource Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Facilities Coordination, Design, and Executive Support.