Christopher (Topher) Lewis
Senior Technical Consultant
Topher Lewis, Sc.D. (he/him) has over 15 years of experience helping clients tackle environmental science, policy, and strategy challenges. With expertise in environmental health and engineering and broad experience in environmental and economic analysis and applied field and laboratory research, he has managed numerous complex and high-profile natural resource, public health, and public policy projects. Topher has provided litigation and negotiation support, presented in professional settings, and published in the peer-reviewed literature.
Recent project examples include:
- Serving as the Lead Environmental Scientist for a damages assessment at a legacy waste Federal facility;
- Managing a regional marine seafood safety sampling program;
- Developing policy for valuing ecosystem service benefits of natural solutions to stormwater mitigation;
- Evaluating the ecological benefits of avian and shoreline restoration alternatives;
- Providing riverine restoration project solicitation and implementation planning support; and
- Reviewing and commenting on a Superfund site ecological risk assessment.
In addition, Topher serves on IEc’s Green Committee, responsible for calculating the firm’s greenhouse gas footprint and promoting sustainability efforts within the company. Topher also serves as the Vice-Chair on the Board of Directors for the State of Colorado Cherry Creek Basin Water Quality Authority.
Topher holds a B.A. in Biology from Middlebury College. He received his Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Environmental Health concentrating in Environmental Science and Engineering from the Harvard University School of Public Health.