IEc has been located in Cambridge, MA since its founding in 1981. We have a variety of committees, volunteer
opportunities, and initiatives to give back to our community.
Our staff welfare committee organizes a variety of volunteering opportunities throughout the year. Examples of events include:
IEc Green Committee
- Holiday gift drives;
- Book drives;
- Making birthday cards and gifts for underprivileged youth;
- Sorting seeds for local gardening efforts; and
- Clothing drives.
Founded in 2007, the IEc Green Committee is made up of employee volunteers who track the environmental impacts
of our facilities and operations, and find ways to reduce our impact. We are committed to:
- Measuring and managing our carbon footprint;
- Encouraging walking, biking, public transportation, and ridesharing as commuter alternatives;
- Minimizing business travel and planning green meetings;
- Reducing office energy use, including lighting upgrades and purchasing energy efficient electronics; and
- Reducing paper and toner use.
For many years IEc has participated in the Run of the Charles Canoe and Kayak Race
. IEc was a race sponsor in 2011,
and while our teams didn't finish high in the rankings (we're better at creating spreadsheets than steering canoes!),
the company plans on supporting the race for years to come.